Spring Is On The Way ! Daylight Savings Time Is Our First Reminder.

Daylight savings time arrived this last weekend and I am still trying to adjust.  It seems ridiculous that adjusting the clock for one hour would make a difference.  It must be something about getting older, because it affects me more now than ever before.  I overslept on Sunday, so when I woke up and saw the time with the added hour, I almost fainted.  Then I got in the car, saw the time on the dashboard and was momentarily confused (but did I change it?--NO).  When the afternoon went into evening and it was still light out, I realized I was an hour later starting supper.  Now that worked out to my advantage.  My sweet hubby took us (including the 2 grandkids) out to eat.  This can be counted as a plus side to daylight savings time.  We took the kiddos back home and their mom rode with us down to Rebel Roxie Rose and we worked on some new displays.  We decided it was time to pull out some Easter products we had ready.  Like these cool wooden eggs painted wonderful colors with a glittery coating on them.  They are priced at $1 each or 2 for $1.50.


After going to the store and coming home, I was surprised to see it was 9:50 p.m. and we hadn't watched any of our regular Sunday night TV shows.  Worst of all, I had not set GCB up for taping and I missed all but the last 10 minutes of it.  Thanks to modern technology, I have the other 2 shows set up to record on a series.  So we stayed up and watched one of the two.  But, alas, the two of us had to call it quits and get ready for bed.  By the time I got around, it was after 11:30.  The last time I checked the clock it was 12:15.  Finally, I went to sleep about one hour later (of course) then usual. 

I set my alarm this morning, but woke up 5 minutes before it went off.  Again, surprised momentarily by how dark it was outside.  Lots of surprises this time of year! 

So I am trying to keep my schedule on track today, so I can get back in the swing of things.  Years ago I coasted right on through those time changes without a thought. Now, not so much. 

Our ad came out in the Lawrence Journal World today for Rebel Roxie Rose.  Anyone see it on page 4A?  Thought we might open later this afternoon for a few hours in case someone decides to venture over.  Don't forget, you can always call us and let us know your coming and we will meet you at the sotre if possible.  We are only a few minutes away.  So if you can't make it during our hours of 10:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. check out our Facebook page for our telephone number or email us at rebelroxierose@yahoo.com.  We have our e-mail on our phones and will get your message and answer you asap. 

Better go, lots to do.  Until next blog . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers