Another Day Closer to Halloween and More

Rebel Roxie Rose has me all stirred up.  Halloween is coming and I want to get ready for that here at home, yet I need to make things for the store.  What a quandary!  So many things to do and no ability to focus.

The other half of Roxie is busy doing the same thing.  Working on a Halloween party for the kids, complete with food, games, and pumpkin decorating stations for both kids and adults and working toward the opening of the store. 

Our list of things to do continues to grow longer and longer.  This is the second time I have typed this post, the first time I was happily typing away when the electricity flashed off and back on quickly.  Not quickly enough; I lost my first attempt.  I was doing so well, too. 

The things I am working on right now:  assigning vendor IDs for our artisans, getting the paperwork in order for them, sending out inventory blanks and instruction sheets.  Then I need to actually make something for the store and not leave all of it for the real creative brains of the outfit to do.  My project right now are the 5 x 7 framed first name poems.  My friend started out wanted poems for the names of her grandchildren.  We found one in a 5x7 frame, then the second one came and we found another.  But after that they were no where to be found.  So I looked up the meaning and origin of the name and made a four line poem to coincide with the meaning.  Then I decorated it accordingly with colors and art or shapes she wanted.  Now I do names (many will have to be special ordered due to different spellings) and I do occupations.  Some popular occupations are teachers, farmers, postal workers, and nurses.  If you have an occupation you want honored with a poem, let me know.  I'll try to do it for the store or for you.

Also, I am going to try my hand at some special occasion cards.  Some may be a little naughty, others funny and I can do serious.  But what's the fun it that?

On to Rebel Roxie Rose progress.  More vendors are sending in contracts daily.  One of our vendors, J & S Metal Arts of Eudora started a Facebook page.  If you get a chance, check it out. 

I need to go for now.  Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers