IT MUST BE A SIGN!

Yesterday, we had to be over at Leavenworth on some business.  While we were there we made a stop at the Leavenworth Antique Mall which is downtown.  We go there whenever we are over there and time allows.  It is a great shop with 3 floors of antiques and collectibles.  I am always looking for the special donkey and cart planters that I collect.  They are not just any planters, they are signed and numbered.  Everyone is similar, but not the same and they are always signed "Italy" and a piece number with the number of pieces produced for that specific design.  They were made mostly in the late 1940's and early 50's.  They are pretty ugly, but I love to find them.  But I guess I need to go on and make my point about the title of this blog.

During our trip there, I asked the owner of the shop if anyone had brought in one of those old style sidewalk signs businesses used to set out in front of their stores to advertise their events.  We have been looking for something to set out in the parking lot or out closer to the road so people would know we were open back in our corner.  To my surprise, she said she had a frame we could probably use.  I couldn't imagine what she was talking about, and then her partner brought out this metal A frame with hinges on the top.  I was thrilled to have found something.  When we went to pay before leaving, she told us we could just have it.  I couldn't believe it.  That was so nice of her.  We need to do some work on it and get our sign put in it, but this is something like we envision:


Many of our customers were telling us they didn't know we were there or didn't know if we were open.  Several suggested a sign closer to the road, which we were in total agreement.  Then we had to go to Leavenworth and had time to go downtown.  Finding what we needed was a wonderful surprise.  Thus the title of my blog.  Finding this sidewalk sign and all the things leading up to our being there was one of those deals when everything falls into place.  I believe my family thinks I have gone a little over the edge being so pleased to have obtained a metal frame.  But you have to admit, finding something you were looking for in a place you really didn't think might have it . . . well, it must mean something.  IT MUST BE A SIGN.  (No pun intended . . . well maybe a little). 

Look for our "new" sign to be done in the next couple of days.  Be sure to pull in to the store and come in and visit when you see it.  We have more candles coming in tonight.  New scents and some favorite ones to be restocked.  See you at the store . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers