Feel Any Different?

The New Year has arrived.  Hoop-Dee-Do!  How many of you made it to see the ball drop?  We made it, but just barely.  We watched it from bed and then went directly to sleep (but not until we saw Dick Clark and the confetti falling from the sky).  Then I slept late (too late), for now I am up in the middle of the night writing a blog!

What do I like about the new year?  I like to turn the first page up on my Maxine calendar that my daughter gets me every Christmas.  And yes, I do appreciate that she hunts down Maxine each year even though it is sometimes difficult to locate and expensive when it is found.  Also, it is fun to go to the sales.  To see what is being discontinued (and discounted).  Most of all, I like the idea that it is a mini fresh start.  Even though it is just one day from one year to the next, it is also one year.  That "fresh start" idea helps to lift the spirits just a little bit, don't you think?  Even though the time is fleeting for the new year renewal, it is nice to know it will roll around again in 365 (or in this case 366) days.

That's right, this is a leap year.  We all have an extra day to do something.  It can be something great or something small.  It is still an extra day that we get only once every 4 years.  Seems like we should celebrate it in some way.  We celebrate every other occasion that comes along, why not leap year?  There is something we could all get behind.  Official celebration of the extra day in February every 4 years!!!

Actually, I started blogging this time for one reason.  I wanted to say Happy New Year to every one who reads this blog and wish them the best in the coming year.  Oh, that is another thing I like about New Year; having a reason to wish everyone the best for the next year.  Hope it makes you feel good too.  Enjoy your extended weekend.  Rebel Roxie Rose will be closed until Wednesday at 10:00.  The month of January we will be open Wednesday through Saturday 10 - 5.  If you can't get in to see us during our hours, just give us a shout and we will meet you at the store so you can pick up what you need.  Watch for new products coming out soon.  Thanks for keeping track of us and we hope to see you later this week at the store.  Until next time. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers